When: June 1to 3 (Friday to Sunday)
Where: BC Place
What: Celebrity chefs, culinary competitions and cooking classes.
1)Peru’s Best Tradition Cuisine with a Twist takes centre stage.
2) Three celebrity chefs: Rob Feenie of Vancouver, Bob Blumer ofMontrealand David Rocco ofTorontowill face off on the Food Network Celebrity Stage. Competitors will have 20 minutes to create the lunch dish and must use a secret item of the host’s choice, provided in a black box. Each chef must use one other secret ingredient of his choice that speaks of his hometown.
3) Pop-Up Trend with Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts’s Pop Up Culinary Centre
This isn’t your typical quiche or cookie baking home economics class. Nine different classes – teaching hands-on fundamental cooking techniques like deboning, knife skills, shellfish shucking, and pastry plating – will be taught by PICA’s internationally-trained Chef Instructors under the leadership of Executive Chef Julian Bond.
4) SuperChefs Cooking for Kids
For programs and ticket details: www.eat-vancouver.com
5th Annual Celebrity Dimsum
When: June 2nd (Saturday) 11 to 1
Emcees: CBC, The Vancouver Courier, the Province and the National Post’s own Fred Lee and Global News’ Sophie Lui
Local celebrities will serve carts of Dim Sum to special event guests to benefit the AIDS Vancouver Asian Community Outreach Project!
This year’s exciting line up of celebrities are:
Stephanie Yuen – Author; Food, wine and travel writer, media personality
Deborah Moore – AM1470, Fairchild Radio
William Ho – AM1470, Fairchild Radio
Bowen Zhang – Omni News Mandarin
Karen So – Omni News Cantonese
Gloria Macarenko – CBC News Vancouver
Margaret Gallagher – CBC Radio One
Sheila Peacock – CBC Producer; Writer
Miyoung Lee – CBC News Vancouver
Zahra Alani – CBC Weekend News Vancouver
Susana da Silva – CBC Late Night News
Quang Dang – Executive Chef, West Restaurant + Bar
Dale Mckay – Executive Chef Ensemble Restaurant, Top Chef Canada 2011
- Chance to win a new Samsung Galaxy Note courtesy of Caya!
- Chicken feet eating contest – with prizes and a much coveted trophy!
- Live & Silent Auction – with a special prize from WestJet!
- Special performances by Michael Arzadon, and the Pentatonics!
Food Talk Volume 1 – Presented by Richard Wolak and Vanfoodster
When: June 5 (7:00 – 9:00pm)
Where: W2 Media Cafe (111 WestHastings)
Tickets: $30 or $100 for a 4-person pack.
What: Appetizers from W2 Media Cafe, talks from speakers from the food, wine and hospitality industry. A Question and Answer section. Prize draws. A glass of red or white wine for participants.
1) Mike Mcdermic
2) Stephanie Yuen
3) Hunter Moyes
4) Trevor Bird
5) Roberta LaQuaglia
For ticket and information:
and the direct ticket link is http://foodtalksvolume1.eventbrite.com/
BC’s Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars FREE Wine Tastings
When: Thursday, June 7 ,4 – 6pm
Where: Everything Wine
998 Marine Drive, North Vancouver
When: Friday, June 8, 4 – 6pm
Where: Marquis Wine Cellars
1034 Davie Street,Vancouver
Who: Blue Mountain winemaker Matt Mavety will be on hand to share his passion for the wines and their places of orgin.
What: Wines featured at the tastings will include – Blue Mountain Brut Sparkling wine, 2010 Blue Mountain Pinot Gris, 2010 blue Mountain Chardonnay, 2010 Blue Mountain Pinot Noir.
‘East Meets West’ Book Signing Event at ShakTea
When: June 9th, 2 – 4pm
Where: Shaktea 3702 Main Street.
Who: Stephanie Yuen – Author of ‘East Meets West’
What: Tea and snacks, Asian food talk and book signing
For information: www.shaktea.ca 604-873-5151
About East Meets West and Stephanie Yuen