February is all about love and romance. Wait a minute! With the arrival of Lunar New Year on the 16th, our beloved 4-legged friends will be the front and centre of all celebration and dragon dance, as festivals and events of all kinds, including the not-to-be-missed Chinatown Parade are lining up just around the corner.
Where to go on Valentine’s
H2 Restaurant and H Tasting Lounge, Westin Bayshore Hotel
1601, Bayshore Drive. Vancouver, BC. 604-682-3377
www.h2restaurant.com www.westinbayshore.com/htastingloungeThe beauty of Stanley Park and Coal Harbour are the backdrops, giving this lush and elegant one of a kind hotel its urban oasis description. Both the restaurant and the lounge are warm and welcoming; cozy and posh. While the ambience is soft, mellow and relaxing., the food in the dining room and the lounge are distinctively captivating! Check out the two embracing packages “Galentine’s” and “Fly me to the moon” staycation. Go ahead, make it a Valentine’s weekend.
The Victor, Parq Vancouver
39 Smithe Street, Vancouver. BC. 778-370-8600 www.Parqvancouver.com/restaurants/the-victor
Arrive 15 minutes early to browse around hand-in-hand in the breath-taking view and design of the 30,000-square foot rooftop garden overlooking False Creek. Food here at The Victor is contemporary and seasonally inspired highlighting a wide array of Pacific Northwest seafood with a sushi and raw bar. Snack away with modernized classic flavours. Meat lovers will be awed by the tiered selection of specialty steaks.
Bacchus Restaurant, Wedgewood Hotel
845 Horbby Street, Vancouver, BC. 604-608-5319 www.wedgewoodhotel.com
While Wedgewood Hotel has been voted as the city's top Rolais & Chateau property, Bacchus Restaurant has always been considered by many as one of the most romantic dining rooms in town where wedding proposals, matrimonial vows, anniversary celebration...continue to take place. Executive Chef Montgomery Lau will be preparing a sweet and sensational dinner for two on this very special day. Do book your table early as they tend to be swept away fast.
YEW Seafood & Bar, Four Seasons Hotel
791 W. Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC. 604-692-4939. www.yewseafood.com
For the two of you: February 14 from 5pm to 10pm and priced at $99 per person.
For singles: Singles Night!!
For uncoupled or gather a pal or three to enjoy; full of delicious bites, tasty drinks and lots of laughs in YEW's private event space. Single seating starting at 6:30pm. 3-course dinner for $86pp includes the featured Valentine's cocktail and two glasses of bubbles. This menu is meant for sharing.
Ruff Ruff - Here comes the Year of the Dog
Raise a cup of Bulldog Tea to ring in the Year of the Dog at TWG Tea Salon and Boutique
1070 W. Georgia, Vancouver, BC. (604) 692-0071 www.TWGCanada@VanSingDG.com.
TWG Tea greets Gung Hey Fat Choy with the first Haute Couture Tea® of 2018, the Breakfast Bulldog Tea. Unveil the Year of the Dog with double happiness – immerse in the vibrant festive atmosphere while indulging into TWG Tea’s exclusive Lunar New Year Tea Set with the loved ones. Available from February 1-28 and is priced at $48 per person.
Lunar New Year Festival Events and Celebration 2018 all on one website www.LunarFestival.com
Tourism Vancouver and Tourism Richmond partner up to create Lunar New Year Festival Website to promote diversity of celebrations in Vancouver and Richmond aims to make it easy for locals and visitors to discover the wealth of events taking place in Vancouver and Richmond over the Lunar New Year period.
Below are some highlights:
• 45th Annual Vancouver Chinatown Spring Festival Parade – Feb. 18
• Temple Fair at Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Garden – Feb. 18
• Lanterns in the Garden at the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden – Various dates
• Lunarfest at Oakridge Centre – Feb. 8-26
• Chinese New Year Flower and Gift Fair at Aberdeen Centre – Feb. 9-18
• Chinese New Year of the Dog 2018 Arts Festival – Feb.10-23
• Lulu Island Winery Guided Tour – Feb. 15-25
• Tibetan Lunar New Year Celebration at Thrangu Monastery – Feb. 16.
• LunarFest and Ballet Productions Canada Society’s “The Butterfly Lovers” – Feb. 16
• Lunarfest 2018 at the Vancouver Art Gallery Plaza – Feb. 18 & 24-25
• Celebrating Chinese New Year of the Dog 2018 at International Village – Feb. 16-18
• Lunar New Year Celebration at River Rock Casino Resort – Feb. 16
• Lunar New Year Celebrations at Granville Island – Feb. 17
• Lunar New Year at Lonsdale Quay Market – Feb. 17
• Lunarfest: A Celebration for Dogs! (…And Dog Lovers), Vancouver Art Gallery – Feb. 18
• Flyover Canada Flight of the Dragon – Jan 18 - Feb. 18